Sunday, March 11, 2007

I dreamed about this little bag.





I try to go to sleep before 11pm these days but its always after I've spent a while crafting. Inevitably I'll lay down and wait for sleep to come but start thinking about what I can make instead. I need to keep a pen and paper next to my bed so I don't waste these thoughts.
This one was about using this fun bedsheet that I found in Seattle and some old fabric from Oklahoma and doing something nautical. I finally finished it late last night. The buttons were an after thought but I think they really make it special. I've put interfacing in it to make it more sturdy and it is fully lined in a fun turquoise print. There is a small pocket on the inside and two larger buttons sewn onto the end of a 'too long' strap for camoflauge. You never know when you'll need a button!
It feels like summer time and is going up in the Etsy shop today.
I'll try to get another tutorial up for a simple tote bag like this one soon. I'm so glad everyone liked the coin purse. If you've had a chance to make one, send us a link to a pic. I'd love to see what it looks like!

14 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Joyous said...

totally adorable!

 
At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so bright and cheery - perfect for a day at the beach

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Charin Adams said...

This rocks!!! :) I love it!

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Emily said...

sooooooo cute!!! Love Love!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

Just so cute! Love when things just come together like this :)

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger Fauve Design said...

WOW this is so cute!

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger Jana said...

What an awesome bag!!! Very cute!

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Cammeron said...

That is SUPER cute!! The buttons really do make it special :)

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Elsie Larson said...

YUM! i looooove this!!!! :) i need to get you to make me a camera bag someday... with pockets for lenses and all that....you are so talented!

i want to make something now! :) i'm officially inspired!!!! :)

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Brittany said...

I didn't see it in the shop. Did someone buy it already? Too bad because I really want it! How much was it? Any chance you will make another?

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger RachelDenbow said...

Well, it looks like the first one found a home! I do have the material for two more so I'll be working on those this week. If you'd like to order one directly, e-mail me: redvelvetart@hotmail.com
We can avoid listing fees!
Thanks for all of your sweet comments, ladies. It really makes me want to keep trying new things.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger lindsey said...

I'm sorry to say that it was me! But I am also so excited to say it was me! I was frantically moving through the check-out process, sure that it was going to go before I could push PAY! Thanks for making my Monday morning full of summer inspiration!

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Christen E. Krumm said...

I wanna make one!! :) I'm going to the beach in two months, so I need to make one :) hehe

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally love this!! How awesome that inspiration strikes and you actually use it. (There's a glitch in there for me.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home