Monday, March 05, 2007

Newest Fabric Flavors





Fabrics like these get me out of bed some days. I finally stopped in at the locally owned quilters store in downtown Clovis and scored some pretty colors. These are from Amy Butler's 'Lotus', Heather Bailey's 'Fresh Cut' and Moda's 'Uptown'. I am going to make baby blankets out of them and maybe stash some of the Dark Green away for a new bag.
Also, I finished this latest piece for a proposal on Wednesday with a local children's boutique. Unfortunately, it is named 'Little Dreamer' as well. It was one of the only things that kept sticking in my mind for a boy's room and I love the whimsical nature of it. I'm going to have a hard time letting it go.
Keep making pretty things!
R

8 Comments:

At 5:38 AM, Blogger Misty said...

That is beautiful! I LOVE those fabrics and colors. I quilted a tiny bit before I found scrapbooking - then everything else went out the window! (Especially since I didn't LIKE the actual quilting part - just the piecing part) Just out of curiosity - how did you get those letters to look so great? Did you cut them out by hand? Did you use something to iron them on? The look great - I gotta know!

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Charin Adams said...

Love those fabrics! So pretty :)

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger RachelDenbow said...

I used chipboard letters and stencils from scrapbook paper and appliqued them on with Wonder Under. Sometimes I add decorative stitching but those letters are stuck on tight! I did cut them out by hand. I've ended up with a lot of backwards letters:)

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

Amy Butler? Our local fabric store is having an Amy Butler trunk show next week that I will need to stop in and visit now, thanks to this post :)

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Cammeron said...

Super fun fabric! I would so make a bag out of the green :)

 
At 1:35 AM, Blogger FauveDesign said...

wow so pretty,i LOVE fabrics!

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Neen and Mike said...

Loving it!
Makes me want to go to for a cozy nap ;) Thanks for the how to with the letter... uber cute!

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

clovis! i've been to that store and am in LOVE with it! if it weren't so pricey, i'd be stalking it, but alas, i have to stay away. great fabric choices though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home