Tuesday, February 06, 2007

And the Winner of the Comment Love Card is...


"LINDSEY LOO"!!!

I think I heard more original V-Day plans here than I have anywhere else. Good job, ladies! I've been given the OK from my folks for handing over the sweet boy and taking my sweet man out to see a movie in a real theatre! So, I'm going to dress up and enjoy the time off.
I'm also thinking about baking. I found a tutorial for making Red Velvet Cake on flickr.com!
Well, today was a tough day at the doctor's office for Sebastian so we're all worn out and going to bed early tonight. Before I leave, here are the two cards I've received from the swap. The yellow one is from Nikko and the blue one is from Laura. Thank you, girls, for the sparkly cards! The pics don't do them justice but low indoor light is all I had to work with. It was so nice to know these were handmade with me in mind. I'm going to display them all week.
For those who are curious, we had exactly 50 ladies sign up and noone had to back out, which is unusual for swaps. I am so happy that so many were interested. I was thinking it might just be us three and a few others but word got out and we were linked from a few blogs that are widely read (WHIPUP), etc. So, if you have any ideas for a swap in the near future, let us know on this post and we'll take notes.
You girls are superb!
Rachel

9 Comments:

At 4:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

swaps are totally fun.
bummed i missed your v day one!
I good swap is a really "open" one.
Like the Free People blog did a v-day swap and the only requirement is that it's handmade. so some are making clothing items, others paper crafts. it will be really fun to see all the fun v-day things sent all over the country.
here is what I did for the v-day swap at free people.http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=1073781

it would be fun to do something simpilar for the spring!
love the blog :)

court

 
At 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo!! I never win at these drawings! Thanks, do you need my address or do you still have it?

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Joyous said...

Oooo, yesterday I bought stuff to make Valentine's cupckes, I'm SO excited!

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

The cards you received are both GREAT! Thanks again for doing this. I know it can be really busy with a little one, but I appreciate you organizing the swap :)

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you posted my v-day card. i am still trying to figure out how to post it in you gallery.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

Hey congrats Lindsey Loo! :) How cool!

We could do them for all sorts of events:
-St. Pats
-Easter
-Memorial Day
-4th of July
etc...the possibilities are endless.

Or, we could choose a 'style' and do them just because....

Anyhow, whatever it is, I'm game :)

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Look! It's my card! hehehe :)

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger JAJjourneyahead said...

how about a "fresh" "spring" or "Easter" card swap?

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Leni said...

Pretty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home