Sunday, January 21, 2007

Show @ Erin's house






I spent the last two weeks preparing for a small product show at a friend's house. I stayed up until midnight sewing most nights because I forget that I must sleep to function the next day. I got sick for the first time in a year but managed to sew on. I finally had most of it together this morning before the show thanks to my husband's help with Sebastian and my mom's encouragement. I get to the show with time to spare and discover...I've forgotten to bring any money for change! No matter...husband to the rescue again. Turns out, I didn't need much as I only sold one blanket and two burp cloth packs.
I'm telling myself not to be sad because now its all ready for the next time I need to sell it. (Its probably going up on Etsy.com)
Anyways, here's some pics.
Thanks for all of the sign ups for our FIRST EVER VALENTINE CARD SWAP! I'm so excited to see what you girls are making. Just a reminder...send me your NAME, E-MAIL and MAILING ADDRESS to REDVELVETART (at) HOTMAIL.COM.
To answer a few questions...we'll be taking sign ups until Jan 26th at midnight...you'll get between 3-5 cards...feel free to write a message in these to your new friend...you can use any medium you'd like...IMPORTANT: YOU MUST HAVE THEM FINISHED AND READY TO SEND BY FEB. 5TH TO HAVE THEM DELIVERED IN TIME FOR FEB. 14TH. IF YOU HAVE ANY INTERNATIONAL CONTACTS you may want to send them as soon as you can. Its up to you.
I've already received some pics from one of our ladies! Great job!

17 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love all your little baby things, especially the burb cloths. Bet they will sell like crazy on etsy. I just signed up for the Valentine swap - such fun.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Joyous said...

Wow, SO much sewing...cute cute stuff!

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Mrs Pretzel said...

Lovin' the burp clothes! I have a friend who is expecting. I'm giving her your ETSY addy so that she can see the clothes. Great idea! I'm off to email you my info for valentine's day...

rachel

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Charin Adams said...

These look awesome!! :) Love the fabrics.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Laura said...

super cute stuff! love it! :)

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Siany said...

OMG They are GORGEOUS!!

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger bluefools said...

Love the blankets and the journals. Hey, don't be discouraged - it's your first one, just use this to build momentum! Keep going and keep us posted - never give up :)

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

Gorgeous fabrics, wonderful creations! I'm surprised that you didn't sell more--you just haven't found the right venue, because your stuff is great :)

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Elsie Larson said...

Thank you so much, ladies! I am hoping to do some more shows around the area this spring to help my fabric addiction. I'm really getting into vintage fabrics like Chenille (sp?) bedspreads and old scarves with lots of bright colors! Brett's mom sent me a blue one recently that I used on one of these quilts and it just adds such a nice texture.
Thanks again for all of the compliments!
You guys rock!
Rachel

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel, your stuff is SO amazing! i can't wait to have a baby!!! :) elsie

 
At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

e-mail sent!

love etsy things!I hearted you in my etsy!

{ThE fReNcH tOuCh}
http://prolix.typepad.fr

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh please do put those baby blankets up on Etsy!!!

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

Rachel-
I really need a new changing pad for our diapey bag and didn't see them on etsy yet. I was going to email, but couldn't find the address--If you email me some pics, I will buy one from you :)
Love-Cat
PCSchwartz@charter.net

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Elsie Larson said...

sorry, i will get those up ASAP...been working on a little secret project for some big event in LA....;)
R

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Jody said...

Hi RedVelvet Girls~
I REALLY wanted to do your card swap, but have such a long list of people on my own mailing list. Anyway, I just posted a couple of sample cards on my blog and am having a little comment-contest if anyone wants to stop by and maybe end up getting one of my cards in the mail that way. =) You can see them here:
http://jodyferlaak.blogspot.com/2007/01/who-loves-mail.html
Have fun creating cards...I would love to see some here. SO fun! I kept mine simple...still, handmade is best!

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger jennalee said...

Rachel, I have been working on my valentines. I am really excited about this exchange. It is very exciting. I love your burp cloths. I would love to see them on etsy too. My kids are bigger, but my best friend recently had a baby. Way to go.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Elsie Larson said...

a few items are now posted on etsy.com if anyone is still interested in buying. I'll continue to post over the next week as its more efficient to stagger postings.
Thanks for the interest!
R

 

Post a Comment

<< Home