Sunday, December 10, 2006

Day 4: Create a Colorful Banner


I made this banner to put above my son's crib. However, it can easily be altered to be used as a birthday or holiday decoration. Using coordinated fabrics and quilt binding, I managed to finish this in an evening.
I cut out triangles that were 6" tall and 5" wide and spaced them 2 1/4" apart. I laid them out on the floor before sewing them to make sure the colors looked good together when doubled back.
An alternative to using fabric would be using scrapbook paper and embellishments to create something just as lovely. Add stars, letters or other symbols to each flag to personalize it. Use bold contrasting colors like black and white with pink lettering for an edgier look. Have fun!
Rachel

5 Comments:

At 11:56 PM, Blogger Elsie Larson said...

score! i love this idea sooo much! want to make one for like every single season and occasion! :) rad! i have one of these in my room that says "you rock Elsie" that someone made me and emma always makes fun b.c she says it looks like i made it to cheer myself up! haha.

love you rach! you are so inspiring!

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger Angela said...

It looks great! So much fun! It would surely cheer up the whole room! Maybe I will make one of scrapbookpaper in x-mas style!
xxx

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Charin Adams said...

Awesome idea!! Dang, girl! You are so creative! :) :)

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Cindy Tobey said...

...oooooh...perfect for my son's nautical bedroom and i have so much quilt fabric stashed away! thanks for the rockin' idea!!!

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger corinne5 said...

THis is really a really really good idea!!! I think I will make one when I find the time, love it!

corinnexxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home