Saturday, December 09, 2006

Day 3: Sweater Stockings






Yay for easy ways to reuse old threads! Here's a quick way to make a stocking out of an old sweater with a limited amount of sewing and embelishing. FIRST, cut out the sleeve of your sweater and trace your pattern. I made one that was about 7 inches long and 5 inches wide. I also used the sweater's seam for one of my seams to save some sewing. SECOND, unfold your stocking so that the wrong side is facing up. Then fold over the top to make a seam. THIRD, turn stocking over so the right side is facing you. I added rick-rack to bring in some color and cover my top stitch. FOURTH, I sewed some random buttons by hand onto the top of one side. FINALLY, turn the right sides together and sew. Then turn inside out to view your beautiful new stocking!!! Give as ornaments or cute Christmas gifts stuffed with new scrapbooking materials. Take pics and show us what you all are creating. We'd love to see your work.
Rachel

4 Comments:

At 6:39 AM, Blogger Angela said...

it looks sooooo sweet!!!

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Joyous said...

I'm working on making a stocking for my husband right now! I hope to finish it tomorrow and unveil it to the world!! :)

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Charin Adams said...

Rachel, that is adorable!!!!!!!! :)
Love the idea!! :)

 
At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute idea! Love the stocking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home