Sunday, October 29, 2006

job perks



So, this morning as I was searching a tenant's vacated apartment for our missing rolly cart I found a beautiful, empty, red leather album at the top of a pile of empty soda cans, torn magazines, lonely socks, etc. I think it may have been our best find here at the apts.
Since we drove to Seattle from Oklahoma in our car with our choice possessions, we sat on the floor for a few weeks during mealtime and sat on our bed to watch movies on our laptop. Move outs usually occur during the weekend so we always got first dibs on anything left lying around once the tenant turned in their keys. If you are a garage sale junkie, you know the feeling! We've picked up a few items of furniture; a futon with missing screws, a chipped coffee table, a microwave, a white bookshelf that we converted into a wardrobe for Sebastian, a small bunkbed ladder that I use to display blankets, and a singe black chair from IKEA.
I think I'm going to use this free album to attempt a scrapbook of some sort. Thanks to a certain friend of mine who has a little scrapbooking know-how and keeps the supplies coming, I may even be proud of it when its done.
Happy Junking,Happy Scrapping!

The second picture is the other fun piece I found this morning. Seriously, who carries that many markers with them?

6 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Blogger Joyous said...

that is SUCH a FUN album, you will totally have to start a scrapbook and show us your art! :) Have fun!

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Elsie Larson said...

rad album! and that chair looks insane!!! :)

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Charin Adams said...

That album is a cutie! :)
You should definitely try scrapping, you'll love it!! And you definitely have the best teacher. :)

 
At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a find! that scrapbook is way cool! can't wait to see what you create. =)

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to Seattle... if you need additional supplies, I've got a stash that I'd be happy to part with.

I just stumbled on your blog. So cool!

Who does that to a chair??

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Marije said...

What a strange thing to leave behind!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home